Thursday, April 28, 2011

day two

Our practice today:
* Sara Beth and Copper received separate walks.
* Sara passed one other dog in our building in the alley. She was too excited to walk past, but I got her to sit in a stay (just barely) as it walked past us about 30' away.
* Copper had a great walk until we got back to our building. We practiced sits and stays at various points on the walk (even with squirrels around). Another owner came out with his dog when we got back close to our building. He went nuts and I promptly turned us around and we went the oppposite direction. Once far enough away that he couldn't see the dog, I was able to distract him with treats enough to sit. I think it's going to be a lot of enocunters like this before he calms down.

* We hung out on the porch that faces the sidewalk and I practiced with them going in a stay. They still got excited when they saw the few dogs that came near, but they also were paying some attention to me.

* We also sat out on our front porch that faces the courtyard for a few minutes. The dogs never really relaxed, but we did get to see some people come and go and I was able to talk with one of our neighbors. The dogs behaved well during all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment