Friday, April 20, 2012

How does that work?

Funny, you devote a whole blog toward the bad behavior of your dogs, and yet they have both passed their Canine Good Citizenship (CGC) Test?  How does that work?

Well, let's see, probably the biggest issue is laziness.  Ok, I don't think I'm an overall lazy person, but sometimes I am.  And sometimes, I'm just plain busy.  Dog training gets pushed to the wayside sometimes.  Let's be real, people!  I work, I clean my own house, I run errands, I cook my own meals, I try and have a life:  my whole life can't be focused on dog training alone!

I will say, though, that taking the opportunities I do have to train my dogs is well worth the time.  I also have really enjoyed any of the training classes or events I've gotten to do with them.  I would love to get back to a point where they are behaving at a CGC level again and I think they are honestly almost there.  I'm just thankful that I can enjoy my pets and know that there's always room for growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment